Living Options Devon Deaf-Led Services has received funding from Comic Relief for an exciting project; the Deaf Campaigning Service.
The aim of the project is to empower Deaf people and improve their confidence to share their views, with opportunities to engage with service providers.
- September 13th 2017 - Deaf Together Torquay - 7.30pm-9.30pm - Torbay Deaf Club, Abbey Hall, Rock Road, TQ2 5SP
- October 5th 2017 - Deaf Together Exeter - 12.30pm-2.30pm - Living Options Devon, Units 3-4 Cranmere Court, Lustleigh Close, Matford Business Park, EX2 8PW
- October 12th 2017 - Talk Together With Services Training 10.30am-12.30pm - Exeter - Living Options Devon, Units 3-4 Cranmere Court, Lustleigh Close, Matford Business Park, EX2 8PW
- October 18th 2017 - Talk Together With Services Training 2pm-4pm - Torquay
- November 11th 2017 - Deaf Together Tiverton - 4pm-6pm - Old Heathcoat Community Centre, 81 King Street, EX16 5JJ
- More 2017 Deaf Together dates in Barnstaple, Exeter, Plymouth, Tiverton and Torquay coming soon!
Search for 'Devon - Deaf Together' on Facebook to join our group!
We hope to bring Deaf people together to reduce isolation by arranging peer support. We also make connections between the Deaf community and a wide range of service providers and private organisations, so that Deaf people can share their views about services which will hopefully bring changes to meet the needs of the Deaf community. Our volunteers help us collect feedback from the Deaf community about different services in the hope of improving their accessibility and awareness of Deaf people’s needs.
We also provide training to support people to run and contribute to the forums, for example training in public speaking. Check our Coming Soon Events list for training dates. If you are interested in supporting this project by volunteering or attending a forum, please contact us by emailing email@example.com
Since 2016 these services have been to Deaf Together meetings: