Living Options Devon is a user led organisation which seeks to ensure that people with disabilities and Deaf people across Devon and the UK have the opportunity to live the life they choose.
Living Options Devon strives to be user-led in all that we do and we welcome applications from disabled people and Deaf people.
Personal Assistant/Companion - Paignton
Devon Personal Assistant Bank are looking for someone to provide a man with Asperger's Syndrome with the support he needs to live independently.
Hours of work: 10 hours/week to be worked flexibly depending on the employer's needs. Primarily Thursdays and Saturdays.
Salary: Approx. £8/hour
Contract Type: Permanent with a 3 month probationary period
Main duties will include:
- Driving to appointments or social activities
- Enabling social activities such as going for coffee or lunch, out for day trips or walks
- Help to sort out and tidy the employer's collections and projects
- To be a companion to the employer
Other responsibilities will be:
- To provide support appropriately, always acting to promote maximum independence of the employer
- Give as much notice as possible if you are going to be late or are unable to come
Duties will vary day-to-day according to need and you may be required to carry out other, reasonable, duties
SOS! Local area news correspondents wanted!
If you think you would enjoy finding disability-related and carer-related news and information for Positive Devon Living magazine from across your local district and you live in either the Exeter, Mid-Devon, North Devon, South Devon, or Torridge area, it could be you!
If you are interested and have a disability or are a carer yourself please contact Helen Smith for more details on 01884 235892
Alternatively, if you are interested in volunteering for LOD please take a look at our voluntary opportunities.