Research Consultant: Time to Talk project
Living Options Devon has been awarded a grant from the Big Lottery Reaching Communities Fund to deliver the Time to Talk project. Time to Talk is a five year project which aims to help disabled people and Deaf people to feel less lonely and / or isolated by providing a peer support telephone support service and opportunities for volunteers to learn new skills, whilst supporting others in their local communities.
We are currently seeking an external research consultant to provide an independent evaluation of the project.
- Year 1: 5 days (September 2017 - May 2018) £2,250
- Year 2: 5 days (June 2018 – May 19) £2,250
- Year 3: 5 days (June 2019 – May 20) £2,250
- Year 4: 5 days (June 2020 – May 21) £2,250
- Year 5: 7 days (June 2021 - May 2022) £3,150
Total: £12,150 (inclusive of VAT, travel and expenses)
The project runs from 1st June 2017 (with activity starting in September 2017) to 31st May 2022 (with delivery activity ending in February 2018). The final 3 months of the project timetable (March, April, May) is set aside for the final evaluation with no project delivery taking place. Input will be sought from the external consultant as follows:
• In September/October 2017 to advise on ongoing internal monitoring and evaluation systems and agree how these will support the independent evaluation
• Mid way through each year to collect additional data including case studies
• Half way through the project to ensure that the project is delivering the agreed outcomes and adequate data is being collected
• To work with Research Lead to produce annual interim reports
• In the last 12 months of the project to provide an independent assessment for the final evaluation report
Closing date for proposals 8th September 2017.
Living Options Devon exists to ensure people with physical and/or sensory disabilities and Deaf people using British Sign Language can make an active and equal contribution in society. Living Options Devon strives to be user-led in all that we do and we welcome applications from disabled and Deaf people.