Community and Engagement Officer – Torbay
Job Title: Community & Engagement Officer – Torbay
Reports to: Deputy CEO
Salary: £27,582 (NJC scale 22) per annum pro rata
Hours: 22.5 hours per week
Location: Flexible Working
Period of Notice: 1 month
Contract: Fixed Term 3 Years
Living Options Devon (LOD) is jointly commissioned by Devon County Council, Torbay Council, Plymouth City Council and NHS Devon to carry out service-user engagement activity that helps to create an approach which is truly inclusive of the people that commissioning decisions affect. This post is funded by Torbay Council and will involve engagement specifically with the public and hard to reach communities within the Torbay area.
- Have a flexible approach to engagement to be able to react to a wide range of requests.
- Host consultation events, getting the community involved in having their say, to identify strengths and gaps in the current provision.
- Help identify and support service users and carers with relevant lived experience who can participate in the co-production of services with Torbay Council.
- Arrange and conduct focus groups, events and surveys into Council ASC services and produce reports which can be easily understood, and which directly answer questions posed by commissioners.
- Enable people and community organisations to influence change and improve the quality of ASC services in Torbay.
Living Options Devon exists to ensure people with physical, learning and/or sensory disabilities and Deaf people with sign language can make an active and equal contribution in society.
To become part of our organisation you should have the following skills:
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as to organise and prioritise own workload to meet job objectives.
- Ability to work in different environments and deal with conflicting demands
- Ability to work with a range of people and communities
- Excellent communication skills at all levels-both written and verbal
- Excellent listening & interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem solving skills, initiative and creative approach to working
- Excellent IT skills (including proficiency in Microsoft Office packages)
In return for your hard work and dedication you’ll enjoy a wide range of benefits including:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave pro rata plus bank holidays
- Flexible working location – remote/Exeter office based
- Contributory pension scheme (conditions apply)
- Training and development opportunities.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Fully Accessible office with on-site parking
Closing Date: 5pm on Thursday 6th July 2023
Interview Date: Friday 14th July 2023
PLEASE NOTE: All applications have to be received by a completed application form which can be downloaded from our website. https://www.livingoptions.org/get-involved/work-with-us/ and returned to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date.
An enhanced DBS check is required for this post.
Living Options Devon strives to be user-led in all that we do and we welcome applications from disabled and Deaf people.