Countryside Mobility Operations Manager
Devon-wide, dynamic, progressive, user-led organisation seeks:
Job Title: Countyside Mobility Operations Manager
Salary: £25,991 FTE NJC Scale 19
Hours: 24 hours per week
Location: Office based in Exeter LOD HQ with option for flexible working as per our flexible working policy
Countryside Mobility provides safe, enjoyable access to the South West’s most scenic locations for anyone who has difficulty walking, through our hire network of all-terrain mobility scooters known as Trampers. You will be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Countryside Mobility (CM) scheme, ensuring it runs efficiently and safely. You will liaise closely with our network of partner sites, the Tramper manufacturer/ engineers and customers to help us, collectively, offer an excellent service. This includes fleet management, partner site support, promotion and overseeing customer care and membership systems.
- Fleet management – liaise with the manufacturer (and its scooter engineers) and with partner sites to ensure that annual services and interim faults/ repairs are addressed promptly and Trampers are safe and available for use
- Coordinate the ongoing programme of Tramper refurbishment and maintain a fleet database
- Coordinate arrangements for funding, purchasing, registration and delivery of Trampers being added to the fleet
- Work with the Strategic Manager to provide start-up, and ongoing, support and training to partner sites
- Ensure compliance of partner sites and users with all relevant CM procedures and health and safety legislation
- Line management of, and support for, the Membership and Database Officer
- Promotion and Customer Care – Lead on use of social media platforms for promotion of the CM service. Monitor and respond to feedback received through individual correspondence and research systems.
- Regular partner site visits
Living Options Devon exists to ensure people with physical, learning and/or sensory disabilities and Deaf people with sign language can make an active and equal contribution in society.
To become part of our organisation you should have the following skills:
- Degree level education or work experience equivalent
- High levels of literacy and numeracy skills
- Experience in managing and delivering projects
- Experience of maintaining successful partnerships
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent networking skills
- Experience of using a range of communication methods, including social media.
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Ability to think laterally and creatively in order to propose innovative solutions
- Tactful, diplomatic and confident
- Ability to travel across the South West. This includes occasional need to drive a larger vehicle to transport and load/unload Trampers
- Excellent use of IT including good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
In return for your hard work and dedication you’ll enjoy a wide range of benefits including:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays, holiday days increase up to the value of 28 for extended service.
- Flexible working location – remote/Exeter office based.
- Contributory pension scheme (conditions apply)
- Training and development opportunities.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Fully Accessible office with on-site parking
Closing Date: Friday 16th December 2022
Interview Date: Week commencing 2nd January 2023
PLEASE NOTE: All applications have to be received by a completed application form which can be downloaded from our website. https://www.livingoptions.org/get-involved/work-with-us/ and returned to email@example.com by the closing date.
For further details, full JD, personal specification and application pack, please visit our website: www.livingoptions.org or email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: 01392 459222.
An enhanced DBS check is required for this post.
Living Options Devon strives to be user-led in all that we do and we welcome applications from disabled and Deaf people.