Job Title: Finance Assistant
Reports to: Finance Manager
Salary: £25,482 pro rata
Hours: 37 Hours per week (part time hours considered)
Location: Exeter based, with flexible/hybrid working as required
Period of Notice: 1 month
This is a great opportunity to work as part of a charitable organisation that really makes a difference. Living Options Devon exists to ensure people with physical, learning and/or sensory disabilities and Deaf people with sign language can make an active and equal contribution to society.
The post of Finance Assistant is to deliver all operational aspects of the finance function up to the unadjusted trial balance level and provide support to the Finance Manager. The post-holder will be expected to carry out a wide range of financial, organisational, and administrative tasks, review processes and to liaise confidently with project staff, suppliers, and voluntary, public and private sector organisations.
- Raising and processing sales invoices, posting receipts and credit control.
- Processing and payment of supplier invoices.
- Processing staff expenses & credit card payments.
- Bank reconciliation & communications.
- Support staff who have Access to Work agreements with their financial claims.
- Review all above for maximum efficiency & electronic usage and storage
- Liaise with customers, suppliers & staff.
- Experience of working in a finance department with finance software essential. Sage 50 Accounts experience desirable.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- The ability to work independently and flexibly.
- Good time management and ability to plan and prioritise.
- Computer literacy with good knowledge of Microsoft office and the use of the internet
In return for your hard work and dedication you’ll enjoy a wide range of benefits including:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays.
- 3 additional annual leave days over 2 ,3 & 5 years length of service, up to 28 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays.
- Flexible working location – remote/Exeter office based.
- Contributory pension scheme (conditions apply)
- Training and development opportunities.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Fully Accessible office with on-site parking
Closing Date: noon on Friday 16th June 2023
Interview Dates: From 19th June 2023
PLEASE NOTE: All applications have to be received by a completed application form which can be downloaded from our website. https://www.livingoptions.org/get-involved/work-with-us/ and returned to email@example.com by the closing date.
An enhanced DBS check is required for this post.
Living Options Devon strives to be user-led in all that we do and we welcome applications from disabled and Deaf people.