Devon-wide, dynamic, progressive, user-led organisation seeks:
Job Title: Fundraising Officer
Salary: £23,542 FTE pro-rata (NJC SCP 15)
Hours: 24 hours per week
Location: Office based in Exeter
We are recruiting a Fundraising Officer to support our Head of Fundraising in securing income for Living Options Devon. This role will be focused on making grant applications to Trusts and Foundations.
- Work with Head of Fundraising to contribute to the delivery of annual fundraising targets and evaluate/report on effectiveness of fundraising activities
- Ensure relationships with all funders and partners (current, potential and historical) are effectively managed through LOD’s CRM system
- Work with CEO/Project Leads to plan for project sustainability
- Work with the Head of Fundraising to ensure LOD is compliant with Fundraising Code of Practice and provide information and advice to Project and Corporate Leads on queries relating to fundraising
- Identify and complete funding bids to charitable trusts and foundations and other grant making bodies for grants to support new and existing LOD projects
- Work closely with Project Leads and Research Lead to ensure intelligence from service delivery and research and evaluation informs funding bids
- Work with Finance Lead to identify accurate costs and full cost recovery for grant applications
- Develop, in consultation, all relevant materials for servicing of relationships
- Raise funding and profile of LOD through community events and activities
- Create publicity and communication materials and online and digital campaigns to promote fundraising activities and events
- Work with Hub Co-ordinator to recruit and involve volunteers in community fundraising activities and events
- Build and maintain partnerships with businesses including Charity of the Year partners.
- Acknowledges donations appropriately; write effective thank you letters
- Manage the post-decision administration process for all Trust funding applications.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of fundraising, communications and related legislation as well as organisational policies and take personal responsibility for keeping up-to-date with LOD’s charitable activities.
- Working with the CEO and Senior Management Team to implement the fundraising strategy across the organisation.
Living Options Devon exists to ensure people with physical, learning and/or sensory disabilities and Deaf people with sign language can make an active and equal contribution in society.
To become part of our organisation you should have the following skills:
- Good communication skills on the telephone, in writing and face-to-face
- Excellent attention to detail
- Effective organizational skills
- Ability to prioritise and work to deadline and balance competing demands
In return for your hard work and dedication you’ll enjoy a wide range of benefits including:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days pro-rata annual leave plus bank holiday
- Flexible working location – remote/Exeter office based.
- Contributory pension scheme (conditions apply)
- Training and development opportunities.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Fully Accessible office with on-site parking
Closing Date: Monday 19th September 2022
Interview Date: Thursday 29th September
PLEASE NOTE: All applications have to be received by a completed application form which can be downloaded from our website. https://www.livingoptions.org/get-involved/work-with-us/ and returned to email@example.com by the closing date.
An enhanced DBS check is required for this post.
Living Options Devon strives to be user-led in all that we do and we welcome applications from disabled and Deaf people.