Job Title: Volunteer Coordinator
Salary: £27,582 FTE (NJC scale 22)
Hours: 22.5 hours per week
Location: Exeter based with remote working as required (some weekend/evening work may be required across Devon)
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Charity as our new Volunteer Coordinator, where you will play a key role in championing volunteering across the organisation. This is a rewarding and challenging role that will be instrumental in developing an excellent end-to-end volunteer experience, and you will lead on growing the volunteering programme through the recruitment, induction and training of volunteers and the development of new projects and events.
- Lead on volunteering across the Charity, including the development of the Volunteer Strategy and Handbook.
- Be the first point of contact for all enquiries relating to volunteering and ensure timely responses.
- Create a positive and supportive environment for Living Options volunteers, championing best practices and celebrating success.
- Maintain an up to date database of volunteers, including activity and skills.
Living Options Devon exists to ensure people with physical, learning and/or sensory disabilities and Deaf people with sign language can make an active and equal contribution in society.
To become part of our organisation you should have the following skills:
- Ability to demonstrate effective organisation and administrative skills
- Willingness to act as a team player but motivated when working alone
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with service users, professionals and others and the ability to promote the charity to a wide range of audiences.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise and plan time effectively to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to inspire and motivate volunteers across the organisation.
In return for your hard work and dedication you’ll enjoy a wide range of benefits including:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Flexible working location – remote/Exeter office based.
- Contributory pension scheme (conditions apply)
- Training and development opportunities.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Fully Accessible office with on-site parking
Closing Date: 25th January 2023
Interview Date: 2nd February 2023
PLEASE NOTE: All applications have to be received by a completed application form which can be downloaded from our website. https://www.livingoptions.org/get-involved/work-with-us/ and returned to email@example.com by the closing date.
An enhanced DBS check is required for this post.
Living Options Devon strives to be user-led in all that we do and we welcome applications from disabled and Deaf people.