75% of respondents told us they felt they were making a difference for people with disabilities and Deaf people, either through volunteering or attending consultations.
We welcome the support of willing volunteers and are always on the look out for extra help, whether it be helping with events, community fundraising or general support in our offices.
Why volunteer with us?
Over the past twenty four months we have had two hundred and one volunteers working across our projects, helping with project delivery, fundraising, or joining project steering groups. We offer a range of varied and exciting volunteer opportunities, across our projects and services which support people with a long term health condition, diability or who are part of the Deaf community. These opportunities include:
“I feel proud that I got involved and made a difference.” (Deaf volunteer)
- Carrying out mystery visits to local heritage sites to give their feedback on accessibility
- Providing peer support over the telephone to other people with disabilities
- The opportunity to act as ‘buddy’ for Deaf people, encouraging them to be more active
- Providing office support, gaining valuable experience and skills
- Supporting the See Hear Centre team to provide information and advice to people with sensory impairments
- Helping with fundraising activities
- Supporting people with disabilities to produce person centred plans
- Work experience placements for students looking to experience a role in an office environment, events or community fundraising
“I really enjoy making a difference to the people and being part of the service.” (See Hear Centre volunteer)
Fancy making a difference and feeling valued?
Our current volunteering opportunities and further information are listed below. If you would like to know more information, or to talk to someone about becoming a volunteer for our charity, then please get in touch either by calling us 01392 459 222 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. To find out more about us and what we do, follow us on Facebook. We are a friendly, supportive team and would welcome you as a valued member of our group.