Looking to develop yourself or learn a new skill? Perhaps you’re looking for a change in direction or want to challenge yourself. The Health and Social Care Skills Accelerator Program might just be the thing for you. These courses are open to anyone at entry level, basic level courses are free.
What is HSSAP?
Health and Social Care Skills Accelerator Program has been developed in Devon to provide access for more people to an exciting and varied career in Health and Social Care. You can access education, skills, training, and other learning opportunities to better yourself and work in health care.
You can undertake basic level courses for free in Maths, English, CV and interview skills, as well as an introduction to health and social care before leading onto higher-level courses. These are available across the county and delivered by a range of partners including Exeter College and City College Plymouth.
How do I get involved?
Most of the basic level courses are free to attend and start this autumn. Click on the partner organisations to find out more about the skills for care training they offer, or visit the dedicated web page on the Proud to Care website.
- City College Plymouth – contact Michelle Bailey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Learn Devon – contact email@example.com
- PETROC College of Further Education – contact Edwina Stevenson firstname.lastname@example.org
- Exeter College – Ella Hymans on EllaHymans@exe-coll.ac.uk
- South Devon College – Lparkin@southdevon.ac.uk for details and booking
- Find out more on the Proud to Care Devon website