Partners and specalists organisations can provide additional help and support:
Mental health support organisations:
- Devon Partnership Trust: First Response Service Tel: 0300 555 5000. Call 111 or ask for an urgent GP appointment, if need help urgently, but it is not an emergency.
- Samaritans – available 24/7. They offer a supportive conversation around a whole range of mental health issues and also offer a call back service and follow up calls. Tel: 116 123 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mental Health Matters Devon provides a 24 hour, 365 days a year mental health helpline on 0800 470 0317 or face-to-face at The Moorings in Barnstaple (07850 927 064), Exeter (07790 790 920) or Torquay (07483 991 848) evenings and weekends.
- NHS: Every Mind Matters – There are resources on their website and suggestions for apps.
- CALM is the Campaign Against Living Miserably, for people in the UK who are down or have hit a wall for any reason. It is a leading movement against suicide / men’s support Call 0800 58 58 58 (daily, 5pm to midnight) – also do webchats.
- Rethink – Carers support, advocacy, crisis support. They have links to local peer support groups. They also have a Covid-19 support page. Tel: 0121 522 7007 or email email@example.com
- Devon Mind – Range of support and resources available for people.
Tel: 01752 512280 or email hello@devonmind
Silverline – Provides support, information, friendship and advice for older people (over 55) who may feel lonely or isolated. Open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Tel: 0800 470 8090
Standalone – Charity supporting adults who are estranged (not in contact) from their family.
- Recovery Devon – Supporting mental health recovery and wellbeing
- Talkworks – NHS Mental Health and support
- Useful Resources:
- Devon Libraries – Did you know that Devon Libraries don’t just offer the loan of library books? They have a wealth of resources and support services on offer to keep you connected with others, learning, and motivated.