Job Title: Training Co-Ordinator
Reports to: Business Services Manager
Hours: 37 hours per week (part-time considered)
Location: Living Options Devon Offices in Exeter
Period of Notice: 1 month
Contract: Temporary contract until 31st March 2025, (likelihood of extension subject to funding)
The post-holder will support the Business Services Manager to deliver the Oliver McGowan Training Programme, providing impactful training about a range of issues relevant to people with a learning disability or autism, in partnership with people with lived experience.
- To co-ordinate the delivery of the Oliver McGowan mandatory training working with the Business Services Manager and two other Training Co-Ordinators, in line with national requirements
- Provide project management support for the organisation and delivery of activities including the booking of training and provision of equipment and resources to deliver training on the day is in place, for both online and face to face delivery
- Ensure trainers with lived experience are fully supported in the delivery of the sessions, helping them to develop skills and confidence.
- Undertake a supervisory role for Experts by Experience, ensuring appropriate support, leadership and coaching in line with organisational expectations.
- Support promotional activities, including inputting on promotional campaigns, and engaging in appropriate social networks and other marketing activity as required
Living Options Devon exists to ensure people with physical, learning and/or sensory disabilities and Deaf people with sign language can make an active and equal contribution in society.
To become part of our organisation you should have the following skills:
- Excellent communication skills and ability to easily build rapport
- Excellent attention to detail
- Tactful and diplomatic supportive approach
- Able to co-ordinate a range of people with varied skills and experience, and work collaboratively with partners
- The ability to be proactive and take initiative
- Able to demonstrate the ability to consider the needs of service users and carers
- Able to get on with others and be a team-player as well as the ability to take direction
- Able to plan, manage workload, prioritise tasks and meet deadlines and support others to do so
In return for your hard work and dedication you’ll enjoy a wide range of benefits including:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Flexible working location – remote/Exeter office based.
- Contributory pension scheme (conditions apply)
- Training and development opportunities.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Fully Accessible office with on-site parking
Closing Date: 5pm Monday 26th February 2024
Interview Date: Tuesday 5th March 2024
PLEASE NOTE: All applications have to be received by a completed application form which can be downloaded from our website and returned to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date.
For further details, full JD, personal specification and application pack, please visit our website: www.livingoptions.org or email: email@example.com, Tel: 01392 459222.
An enhanced DBS check is required for this post.
Living Options Devon strives to be user-led in all that we do and we welcome applications from disabled and Deaf people.