Fully funded training opportunities are available in Devon
Free training opportunities are available through the Health and Social Care Skills Accelerator Programme
Proud to Care is a Government funded organisation that promotes health and care recruitment in Devon. They are currently promoting fully funded training opportunities from the Health and Social Care Skills Accelerator Programme. These are funded by the European Social Fund (ESF) and delivered by partnerships across Devon, Torbay and Plymouth.
The Health and Social Care Skills Accelerator Programme aims to support professional development for people working in health and social care and attract new people to the sector through the provision of fully funded training and qualifications.
Courses available range from basic skills in maths, English, ESOL, digital skills, and introductory health and social care courses to level 2 and 3 courses in a variety of health and social care-related topics.
The training is varied and flexible, with virtual and online options available.
- CMI Level 2 Team Leader Award (available through Learn Devon)
- Level 2 Award in Introduction to Counselling Skills (available through Petroc College)
- Food Safety & Hygiene (available through Exeter College)
- Level 2 Reflective Practice Award (available through South Devon College)
- Certificate in Understanding Autism (available through City College Plymouth)
These courses are fully funded through the Health and Social Care Skills Accelerator Programme (programme ends December 2023). Eligibility for this funded training is that you need to:
- Have the right to live and work in the UK
- Be over 18 years old, or if under 18 you must not be in Employment, Education or Training (NEET), or at risk of becoming NEET
- Live in a Devon postcode area (Devon, Torbay and Plymouth)
The courses are delivered by:
- Learn Devon – for more information or to book a place please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Petroc College – for more information or to book a place please contact HSSAP@petroc.ac.uk
- Exeter College – for more information or to book a place please contact email@example.com with the subject ‘HSSAP’
- South Devon College – for more information or to book a place please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- City College Plymouth – for more information or to book a place please contact Michelle Bailey email@example.com
- On Course South West
To receive regular information about the latest upcoming course and events you can Sign Up for the HSSAP e-Bulletin