Senior Management Team Administrator
We are on the search for a new member to join our Devon-wide, dynamic, progressive, user-led charitable organisation
Job Title: Senior Management Team Administrator
Reports to: Deputy CEO (Advocacy)
Hours: 16 hours per week
Salary: £19,171 FTE
Location: Living Options Devon Offices in Exeter
Contract term: Permanent
Period of Notice: 4 weeks
Background/context: Living Options Devon (LOD) is a charity and a company limited by guarantee founded over 25 years ago. Our vision is of a fully informed, accessible and inclusive society in which every individual has the choice and opportunity to achieve their full potential and take part as an equal and valued citizen.
We exist to ensure people with disabilities and Deaf people with sign language can make an active and equal contribution in society. Specifically we:
- Encourage people to feel more informed, valued and confident to take part in society through relevant training and support;
- Enable people to identify priorities and develop user-led services;
- Engage people in effective communication with local/national service commissioners and providers; and
- Empower people to raise awareness of what society needs to do to provide equality of opportunity both locally and nationally.
We believe in a fully accessible society where all people can enjoy freedom of choice and equality of opportunity. We operate a culture of open communication, empowerment and development, where individual differences and abilities are respected and people are encouraged to achieve their full potential.
We strive to be user-led in all that we do, enabling disabled and Deaf people to influence and manage our full range of services and operations.
Profile: Responsible for coordination of Board and Committee meetings and papers to provide administrative support for Board members as agreed with CEO.
To provide administrative support to the Senior Management Team.
- Preparation of agendas and papers for Board and Committee meetings and ensuring that they are circulated in good time before the meetings.
- Taking accurate minutes at these meetings.
- Ensuring that minutes are circulated and made available to LOD staff.
- Providing administrative support for the recruitment and induction of new Trustees, as requested by the Counselling Lead.
- Supporting SMT with general HR administration, including preparing contracts, letters and filing.
- Coordinating the agenda and note taking for Staff and Project Leads meetings.
- To co-ordinate recruitment, induction and DBS checks for new staff as required.
- Complete holiday calculations for employees.
- Ensure staff handbook is kept up to date and made available in different formats for accessibility
- Occasional Hub/reception cover as required.
- General administrative support for other services as requested.
- Any other administrative duties as required to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the organisation.
- Attend and participate in regular staff and team meetings.
- Attend appropriate training courses where identified.
- Attend and participate in regular work appraisals and any other support systems as appropriate.
NB The above list is indicative and not exhaustive. The post-holder is expected to carry out all such additional duties as are reasonably commensurate with the role.
|High level of literacy and numeracy||P|
|Computer literate with excellent knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook and use of internet||P|
|Experience of working in an office environment||P|
|Experience of working with people with a disability||P|
|Administration of office systems||P|
|Competent, fast and accurate typing skills||P|
|Good communication skills on the telephone, in writing and face-to-face||P|
|Excellent attention to detail||P|
|Effective organisational skills||P|
|Personal experience of disability or Deafness||P|
|Flexible and co-operative attitude to work routine and variety of tasks||P|
|Interest in disability and Deaf issues||P|
Closing Date: noon on Tuesday 20th July 2021
Interview Date: Tuesday 27th July 2021