Find details of organisations where you can get help.
If someone is in crisis or needs immediate help they should call:
- Devon Partnership Trust: First Response Service (Devon and Torbay) Tel: 0808 196 8708
- Call 111 or ask for an urgent GP appointment, if need help urgently, but it is not an emergency.
- First Response Plymouth Tel: 0800 923 9323
- CAMHS: Torbay and Devon Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services – Tel: 03300 245 3321 between 8am and 5pm and 0330 555 5000 out-of-hours.
- CAMHS Plymouth: Plymouth Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service – Tel: 01752 435 122 between 8am-8pm, 7 days a week
- Samaritans: available 24/7 and offer a supportive conversation around a whole range of mental health issues and also a call back service and follow-up calls. Tel: 116 123 Email: Jo@samaritans.org
Other specialist support
- Mental Health Matters Devon provides a 24 hour, 365 days a year mental health helpline. Call on 0800 470 0317 (not including Plymouth)
- NHS: Every Mind Matters have resources on their website and suggestions for apps.
- CALM is the Campaign Against Living Miserably. For people in the UK who are down or have hit a wall for any reason. It is a leading movement against suicide and a men’s support service. Call 0800 58 58 58 (daily, 5pm to midnight) – webchats are also available.
- Rethink Carers support, advocacy, crisis support. With links to local peer support groups. Tel: General Enquiries: 0121 522 7007 / Advice service 0808 801 0525. Open seasonal hours over Christmas. Email: email@example.com
- Devon Mind a range of support and resources available for people. Tel: 01752 512280 (during office hours). Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Silverline provides support, information, friendship and advice for older people (over 55) who may feel lonely or isolated. Open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Tel: 0800 470 8090
- Standalone charity supporting adults who are estranged (not in contact) from their family.
- Recovery Devon Supporting mental health recovery and wellbeing
- Talkworks – NHS Mental Health and support
- HeadSpace – Based in Plymouth – out of hours service for people who consider they are approaching a mental health crisis Tel: 07890 257 614 (open 6pm – midnight)
- SANEline – national out of hours mental health helpline, open from 4pm to 10pm every day. Tel 0300 304 7000 Email: email@example.com
- SHOUT – A 24 hour / 7 days a week text service Text SHOUT to 85258
- Cruse Bereavement Care – Offers support to those in a crisis following a bereavement. Christmas opening hours 10am – 2pm on 24 – 27 Dec and 31 Dec to 2 Jan; 9.30am – 8pm 28 and 29 Dec, 9.30am – 5pm on 30 Dec; Tel: 0800 808 1677
- Papyrus (prevention of young suicide) – Operates a support line for teenagers and young adults under 35 feeling suicidal. Open everyday 9am – midnight. Tel: 0800 068 4141 Text 07860 039 967or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Childline – Open to children and young people up until their 19th birthday. Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Tel: 0800 1111